Jan 07, 2020. Explore the world of Mac. Check out MacBook Pro, iMac Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, and more. Visit the Apple site to learn, buy, and get support.
Download Slack for free for mobile devices and desktop. Keep up with the conversation with our apps for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux. Jul 31, 2020. Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019 Download 1 Person Compatible on Windows 10 and Apple macOS PC/Mac Download. By Microsoft. $229.99 Click for product details. Available now. 4.1 out of 5 stars 544. Save $20 on Microsoft Office + Device. See Details.
Take a look at what's available. We are sure you'll
find something to make your OS X experience better!
Just click on the title of the page you would like to visit ;)
Welcome to the PowerPC Archive, we hope you enjoy your stay!
Here is where you find our recommended applications that are used on a day-to-day basis.
Need some cool tools to do a bit more out of your Mac such as an alarm clock or benchmarks?
Need a Word processor,
or get the full rundown on your stocks? Or sync files between computers?
So you want to watch that DVD you have next to you. Not a problem with a PPC! Still great for 720p!
Have some downtime? Make the most of it and spend hours upon hours with these games.
Find updates for OS X. Such as Combo Updates (10.4.11, 10.5.8), QuickTime, iTunes, Java, iLife, iWork, and everything Apple!
PowerPC Macs can still serve well as servers! File Sharing, Backups and NetBooting, we've found some software for you!
Want to make your Mac look like
a brand new Intel one with
themes, or screensavers?
We have a page just for that!
We tested shareware apps, however they can't be downloaded here. Don't worry, you can still find
some info out on them!
OS 9 Software COMING SOON
To support the old classic machines, we will soon have a
selection of software that will work with these OS9 Macs.
Coming Fall 2016
What Macs do you Own?
We posted a poll to see what computer has the most votes. While a G5 may be a decent day-to-day computer, the G3's are vintage and still can do some amazing things such as being the jukebox at a party or a kitchen computer, or go to extreme lengths and use them as your daily machine!
The list is a bit long, so why not fill the text here! Quite a few people still have Power Mac G5s kicking around, and quite a few people have iMac G3s around as well. That's our guess of what still has the most ground in the PowerPC World. The PPC Archive team ourselves has a variety of machines, ranging from iMac G3s, Blue and Whites, iBooks, PowerBooks, and G5 systems!
Some, still have Xserve computers that they use! Crazy thought, a rack server as a main PPC mac, but hey it's still a Mac! All the computers on the list to the right are cool, and each one pushed Apple further and further into the modern world. No other PC was designed like the early 2000 Apple computers. Today, there is a boatload of all in one computers like the current iMac. All the laptops out there are out to beat the 'ultrabook' MacBook Air. Companies such as Dell and HP attempt to steal the design that makes the MacBook Pro what it is. People look at the Mac mini as a excellent home computer or to make a super cool TV Media Center Setup, or even go to the extreme and use one as a server for 30+ iMacs! All of these design terms were the same during the PowerPC era of time!
At the end of the day, Apple is still the one to beat!
How to get updates for macOS Mojave or later
If you've upgraded to macOS Mojave or later, follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click ”More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime.
To find updates for iMovie, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and other apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, open the App Store on your Mac, then click the Updates tab.
To automatically install macOS updates in the future, including apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, select ”Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.
How to get updates for earlier macOS versions
Apple Mac Freeware Software
If you're using an earlier macOS, such as macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or earlier,* follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Click Updates in the App Store toolbar.
- Use the Update buttons to download and install any updates listed.
- When the App Store shows no more updates, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, iBooks, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime. Later versions may be available by upgrading your macOS.
To automatically download updates in the future, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click App Store, then select ”Download newly available updates in the background.” Your Mac will notify you when updates are ready to install.
* If you're using OS X Lion or Snow Leopard, get OS X updates by choosing Apple menu > Software Update.
How to get updates for iOS
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS.
Apple Mac Freeware Free
Apple Mac Software Downloads
- Learn how to upgrade to the latest version of macOS.
- Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
- You can redownload apps that you previously downloaded from the App Store.
- Your Mac doesn't automatically download large updates when it's using a Personal Hotspot.